Monday, April 13, 2009

Krumkake

So I decided I wanted to make a Norwegian treat for my roommates before we all departed and went our separate ways. I have grown up eating sweets and goodies from all over the world, but one of my grandma's favorite to make is Krumkake. It is like a cookie from Norway. I borrowed my grandmas pan, you have to have a special one to make it, that she got about 60 years ago while she was on her mission.

You put just a little batter on the pan, which is on the stove, you push the handles together as hard as you can because you want the cookie to be as thin as possible. When the cookie has cooked for about 1 minute it is done. Before it cools you have to make a cone with it. This is the part that hurts. I can remember having blisters on my fingers from doing this when I was little, but now I have callouses so it doesn't hurt anymore :) This is what the cookie looks like before it has been rolled.


You can eat the Krumkake plain or you can put whipped cream and berries in it. I haven't decided what I like more so I do both ;)

I think Marissa like them :)

I don't know which part Amber like more...the whipped cream or the Krumkake.

Chelsey liked it without the berries.

Apparently Matt couldn't figure out how to get the whipped cream in the cookie...whoops:)

2 comments:

Amber said...

hahahaha. classic. those were soooo good!!!

Melanie said...

So... When are you going to make some of this for me?! ;D That looks SO good!